Funded support

A number of organisations work with Relate to enable us to offer support for the people who work with them.  They understand the pressure of the jobs they do could have an impact on their home life.  Or pressures at home can impact on work.  There are various schemes you can approach which may be able to help you access support from Relate.

Please contact these organisations directly to talk to them about support - they will advise how to access Relate services.  

Army Welfare Service

Contact your local Army Welfare officer and speak to them about the problems you are encountering.  We can only accept referrals from the Army Welfare officers, you cannot self-refer.

Bank Workers Charity

The bank workers charity can refer you for counselling if you are or were a bank worker - contact them directly for more details.

Civil Service Benevolent Fund

If you are or were a civil servant and need relationship or family support, please contact the benevolent fund directly and they will advise you how to access the support you need


If you live in Darlington we have funding from County Durham Community Foundation which allows us to provide a subsidised service to people experiencing relationship problems.

Durham Public Health

If you live in County Durham we can provide counselling and workshops – click here for details

Grocery Aid

If you, or your partner, currently work in any part of the grocery industry; from the largest factory through the supply chain to the smallest of stores, and you have over five years service then you may be eligible for a one-off grant.

All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. To find out more call 01252 875925, email

Health for Heroes

Help for Heroes supports Veterans and Serving Personnel who have been wounded or injured, or have become sick (WIS), as a result of serving their country.  Additionally their families and dependants receive support from the charity as they care for their loved one and adapt to the new challenges that they may face. 

If you hold evidence of a service attributable injury or illness, Help for Heroes may be able to support you with grant funding to attend Relate counselling. All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

To find out more call 01980 844354, or email the team on

RAF Benevolent Fund 

We can provide counselling or sex therapy to RAF personnel - give us a call on 01325 461500 to find out more

South Tees

If your GP surgery is one of the ones listed on this leaflet we can offer you counselling for an affordable donation.


If getting to your local centre is difficult we can provide counselling by Skype or telephone at a time to suit you.


What's Next: The Process

We've made it easy and painless for you to access the support you need.

The Process: Contact us, Attend Appointment, Ongoing Work

I am very happy with the service and have been treated very well. I am very grateful and don't know where I would be now without the help. I am worried about having no more sessions but I am trying to think positively